Favorite Books of 2012

RIPE FOR SEDUCTION is live and on sale today. This has me very excited as I adore this book. I know people always say their most recent book is their favorite, but in this case it’s really true (and mostly it’s true because I’m still day dreaming about the secondary couple and kicking around the idea of doing a novella of the book with them as the main characters so I can write their missing scenes!).

I’ve been seeing everyone’s Best of 2012 lists come out, and don’t think that doesn’t make you feel anxious when your book is a late December release! Several of my autobuy authors had multiple books out this year, but I’m limiting each author to one slot on my Top 10. As you’ll see, there’s a lot of Fantasy in the mix. That’s because I can’t read historical when I’m writing, so I’m waaaaaay behind when it comes to my own subgenre.

A few of these are new to me authors (Ben Aaronovitch and Sarah Mayberry), others are old favorites (P.C. Hodgell), and the rest are solid autobuys. In no particular order, these are my top fiction books of the year:


Gunmetal Magic, Ilona Andrews

Confessions from an Arranged Marriage, Miranda Neville

Moon Over Soho, Ben Aaronovitch

Her Best Worst Mistake, Sarah Mayberry

Imperial Scandal, Tracy (Teresa) Grant

When Maidens Mourn, C.S. Harris

About That Night, Julie James

Not Proper Enough, Carolyn Jewel

Ashes of Honor, Seanan McGuire

Fair Game, Patricia Briggs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brandywine Springs Tour -- September 21

N. Dushane Cloward

The wilder shores of love - Part I